Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

"TABLE TOPICS" - The New Catch Phrase For Family Dinnertime Conversation Starters

I'm BAAA-aaaaaaaaak!  I know, I know, my lagging between posts is a turn off and I am vowing to get better at writing more often!  Even if it's just a note or thought of the day.  I promise my absence has not been wasted on lollygagging!  I've been researching and reading a TON!!  So, I'm sure my random thoughts or notes that I start writing now will be organized into REAL category topics, etc. as Metro-Mama get developed more.

So, while I've been procrastinating on the chore chart or chore list that I've been vowing to make for the last couple years, I've added more DIY and "mommy blogger" projects to my never ending wish-list of things I'd like to do or make to become a better parent, more efficiently run home, etc.  Today I looked up "family dinner conversation topics" on Pinterest (one of my favorite sites and clearly an addiction I've had to get under control!  HAHA!).  Of course there've been many a mommy blogger before me with this idea and many fun printables.  I've printed a few and hope to make a jar or bucket or container of sorts.  So, I will report back with more about my findings and experience with the project.  I HAVE actually printed out several and tested it out at the dinner table tonight.  It went over well!  Our test "Table Topic" was, "If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?"

So, reader(s) {HAHA!  I crack myself up!  I realize this blog is so new and underdeveloped} I will let you sit on that topic and decide for yourself what animal you might choose.  I chose a spider monkey.  Around the table we had a dolphin, cat, fish and owl.  I'm not really sure what that says about us?! but we had fun and smiles during our discussion.  Dinner time has definitely helped us gel more as a family.  More on that topic later.

Keeping it real and believing in mind over matter,
Stacy
Chief Executive Metro-Mama (giggles)

No comments:

Post a Comment